ONE FOR YOU, ONE FOR ME
The fine folks at Litter Kwitter just offered a $59 system to potty train my cats, for free, eliminating the need for litter forever. Was I interested? And, if so, would I like to give one to you?
On behalf of myself (and you, if you’re chosen), I did my best to sound interested but professional, not too eager but willing to try. I wrote back, “Excuse my informality here but… OMG. I WANT ONE!”
It arrived yesterday.
HOW LITTER KWITTER WORKS
To start, remove all other litter boxes and fill Litter Kwitter’s special tray using the red insert next to the toilet. Once your cat is comfortable using the tray on the floor, it gets placed on the toilet seat. As the cat’s comfort increases, new inserts with larger holes and less litter (flushable, not clumping clay) are substituted until the cat has learned to balance and the entire training system can be removed.
This positive-experience training system was designed by husband and wife team Terry and Jo Lapidge (with inspiration from their cat Doogie). According to Jo Lapidge, co-creator and director of Litter Kwitter:
It may seem a little quirky at first but it really works and, with a little bit of patience, a cat can be trained to use a home toilet and you’ll never have to buy kitty litter again.
WATCH IT IN ACTION!
JOIN ME IN THE LITTER KWITTER CHALLENGE
One lucky person (US or Canadian resident 18 or older) will be hand selected to join me in the 8 Week Litter Kwitter Challenge. Just share your worst ever litter box story or simply why you want to Kwit it. Here’s how:
- Comment below this post in 150 words or less by 11:59 (EST) on Sunday, October 10th. Be sure your name and email address are accurate. The winner will be chosen at my sole discretion based on entertainment value – so make your comment juicy!
- Sign up for RSS or email updates to receive the winning announcement in a future October blog post.
- Provide your address upon request. Litter Kwitter will send a kit complete with seat, inserts, brochure, and instructional DVD by October 23rd.*
- Team Training begins October 23rd! The winner will check in via email each Monday to quickly compare pictures, silly stories and to celebrate our final success – whether that happens in 8 weeks or less! Team updates will be published on This One Wild Life throughout our journey together.
* Please note, flushable litter must be provided by you at your expense. Remember, this is the last box you may ever need!
LET THE TRANSITION BEGIN!
I couldn’t wait. I opened the box and we all had a look inside. I hope that Jed has more patience than I do. There’s no litter in there, dude!
And I now present “The Legal Mumbo Jumbo”
Contest Rules and Regulations:
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. Follow the Official Rules below for details.
1. This contest is open to all residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of
Columbia and Canada who are eighteen (18) years or older as of 10/02/10, except as provided in Paragraph 6 below.
2. The contest begins at 12:01 a.m. EST on Saturday, 10/02/10 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, 10/10/10. All entry comments must be under 150 words and made in response to the blog post at http://thisonewildlife.com/product-review/litter-kwitter-giveaway-challenge to be eligible to win.
3. Grand Prize: The Litter Kwitter toilet training system for cats.
4. Winners will be chosen at the sole discretion of Kim Clune, author of This One Wild Life. All expenses and incidentals not mentioned above are the responsibility of the winners. No substitution or transfer of prize or cash redemption is permitted. Taxes are the responsibility of each winner. Odds of winning each prize will be determined by the number of eligible entries received. All prizes will be awarded. This One Wild Life can cancel or change prizes at their discretion.
5. Prize winners will be notified after October 10th, 2010. If a potential winner declines to accept the prize, forfeits the prize, has violated any contest rule, does not respond to award notification by the date listed on notification, or is found to be ineligible, the winner will be disqualified. The winners hereby releases This One Wild Life and sponsors from all liability and responsibility of any kind which is related in any way to the prize (including without limitation any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) and consent to the use of their names and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize winners may be required to sign a Liability/Publicity Release.
6. Who Cannot Participate: Sponsors and their immediate families, and persons living in the same household as such employees, and persons associated with This One Wild Life and sponsor advertising and promotion agencies.
7. General Conditions: Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia and Canada. Void where prohibited by law. This contest is subject to all applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations. By entering the contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these rules and the decisions of This One Wild Life and sponsors, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects.
8. Winners List: The winner will be announced on the blog on date indicated.
9. Each entrant agrees that:
A. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved by binding arbitration. If the parties cannot agree on an arbitrator, each party shall select one arbitrator and both arbitrators shall then select a third. The third arbitrator so selected shall arbitrate said dispute. The arbitration shall be governed by the rules of the American Arbitration Association then in force and effect;
B. Any and all claims, judgments, damages and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and
C. Under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages (other than actual out-of-pocket expenses), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
D. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and This One Wild Life and sponsors in connection with this contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
10. This promotion is sponsored by This One Wild Life and Litter Kwitter. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel this contest at any time and substitute another in its place.
NOTE: I received no compensation to review this product. The opinions expressed herein are my honest assessment based on observation and personal experience using the free sample I received.