I was so excited to participate in the PEDIGREE Adoption Drive this morning knowing that their food donations would reduce feeding costs for shelters nationwide. Sadly, once I posted my support for the campaign and shared the link to my post (below), a friend alerted me to the Consumer Affairs complaint page. What I read there brought significant questions to mind. While I do not know Pedigree’s response to these complaints, the questions are nagging.
I hope Pedigree is safe for consumption and welcome any dialog from them. For now, I just don’t know.
Four million beautiful dogs end up in US shelters and breed rescue organizations every year. PEDIGREE, with your help, wants to feed these fine dogs while they wait for their forever homes! The PEDIGREE Adoption Drive is raising awareness by donating a bowl of food to a shelter dog for every person who becomes a “Fan” or “Likes” the PEDIGREE Adoption Drive Facebook Page. (If you’re a blogger, read below to make that 20 lbs!) httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtLDEoOQONY WRITE A POST AND HELP A DOG! For each blog that posts about the PEDIGREE Adoption Drive, from today through Sunday, September 19, PEDIGREE will donate a 20 pound bag of their new Healthy Longevity Food for Dogs to shelters nationwide. Why? Because most shelter dogs are more than 3 years old. Do the math: If 100 blogs publish a post about the PEDIGREE Adoption Drive, PEDIGREE will donate 2,000 pounds (That’s a TON!) of dog food to shelter dogs! There are three simple guidelines:
- One post per blog.
- Be sure your post counts. Make PEDIGREE donate 20 pounds of food by doing all of the following:
- Use #dogsrule when you announce your post on Twitter
- Use #dogsrule in your post
- Use #dogsrule as a ‘tag’ for your post
- Link to the PEDIGREE Adoption Drive Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/Pedigree?ref=ts
- Join the BLOG HOP: Click on “Your next” after the link list below and enter the URL of your blog post NOT the URL of your Blog.
1. Tell your readers:
This year the PEDIGREE Adoption Drive is raising awareness about awesome homeless dogs by donating a bowl of food to a shelter dog for every person who becomes a “Fan” or “Likes” the PEDIGREE Adoption Drive on Facebook.
All they have to do is go to the PEDIGREE Adoption Drive Fan Page on Facebook to become a fan and help a dog. Here’s the link: http://www.facebook.com/Pedigree?ref=ts
2. Post this nifty yellow and blue badge and link it to the the PEDIGREE Adoption Drive Fan Page (http://www.facebook.com/Pedigree?ref=ts):
3. Insert the moving PEDIGREE® Adoption Drive “Million Fans” Video (above) into your post (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtLDEoOQONY)
It’s that simple. Together we can help thousands of dogs! And this blog post, being the 50th, means a half ton of food is on it’s way to dogs that truly need it!