MULTIPLE PETS, MULTIPLE REWARDS
Many animals have graced my life since I was a child, and rarely one at a time. Together we’ve formed an intricate web of love that’s beautiful, resilient and strong like that of spider’s lace. Like multiple children, their bonds are never unilateral. Precious relationships form between each fuzzy family member and that’s what makes multiples so special.
These inter-furry relationships were never more pronounced than when our two adopted kittens (now 26 pounds of collective cat) believed that our rescue Newf and hound were male mothers, throwing themselves down for tongue baths each morning, snuggling into the arc of warm dog bellies for afternoon naps, and chasing dog tails for fun – especially the one with foot-long, trailing fur. These four have become deeply connected as family, friends, and equals – which you can see for yourself.
They eat together…
eat toilet paper rolls together…
and dream together.
For me, they are my love, my joy, my therapy … and my constant entertainment, like when Jed crawled between the couch and new couch cover. Tell me this isn’t good for heart health!
JOIN THE PETS ADD LIFE (PAL) COMMUNITY!
PAL is a national, non-profit spreading the joys and benefits of pet ownership. The end game is to increase pet adoptions and foster responsible pet ownership. We share the same exact mission, and I know you do too! Sooo….
“Like” Pets Add Life on Facebook and share your love for animals. You’ll infuse fuzzy goodness among the community, reach out to your family and friends, and let the love grow in ways you can’t even anticipate. It’s this easy:
- Visit PAL’s Wall and post photos, videos and stories of your pets.
- Visit PAL’s Fan Board for the Cutie PAL of the Day, winners of caption contests, best videos and more.
- Visit PAL’s Pet Facts like how pets reduce stress, prevent heart disease, fight depression and add joy.
- Visit PAL’s Blog Posts to keep up on current events.
- You can follow @PetsAddLife on Twitter too.
WHERE THE COOL CATS HANG…
You’ve heard it before, “EVERYBODY’S doing it!” But really. They are.
C’mon. Join in! These cool folks have, and I can vouch for them all!
- Stephanie from Catsparella
- Ingrid from The Conscious Cat
- Doreen from Doggies and Stuff
- Paris and John from DogTipper
- Sharon from Grouchy Puppy
- Tamar from I Have Cat
- BZtat from Just Meowin
- Neil from Life with Dogs
- Ichiro’s person from Mousebreath
- Michelle from My Tail Hurts from Wagging so Much
- Jessica from Pawcurious
- Jane from Paws-and-Effect
- Michele from Pet News and Views
- Lorie from the Pet Health Care Gazette
- Yvonne from Scratchings and Sniffings
- Caroline from Romeo the Cat
- Sparkle from Sparklecat
- JL from Thoughts Fur Paws
- Diane from To Dog with Love
- Felissa from Two Litte Cavaliers
- Dorian from Your Daily Cute
- Me and more!
This post is sponsored by the Pets Add Life campaign and the American Pet Products Association. While I am compensated for spreading the word about the benefits and joys of pet ownership, I take part because I believe strongly – with the destruction of 4 million perfectly adoptable animals in the US alone – in the grand importance of this mission!