A DYING CONCEPT- NO MORE
Be the Change for Animals, the website that we’ve come to know, love, and utterly take for granted, needs a face lift and an attitude adjustment. It’s grown lazy, tired, and has no spark. I don’t like where we’ve ended up since our beautiful founding moment. So, as of right now, I’m 100% back.
LIFE SIGNS ARE AFLUTTER
Thankfully, BTC4A’s Facebook heart is beating strong. This comes thanks to the daily community nurturing of Kim Thomas. Her love for this project runs as deep as my own (maybe even deeper) and stretches all the way back to 2011.
But circulation to the blog extremities grew stagnant long before I stepped away to found Dog House Adoptions in 2012. (Wow. We’re four years old as of this week!) Focus was set on how to do less. Not more. Not New. Not different. And we need more. We need new. We need different. This lag is on us — on me, since I never fully left — for not delivering what you need, for not keeping up with what you want.
IT’S TIME TO REINVEST
Blog the Change asks us, among other things, to identify what we’re doing or planning to do for animals with the hope to inspire others. Here’s my list:
- I’ve taken back the reigns at BTC4Animals.com.
- I’ve begun to follow the 5000 people who connected with us on Twitter yet were neglected over the past year.
- The website will be overhauled in time for our 4th birthday. (FOURTH? Really?)
- The big reveal will be just prior to our July 15th Blog the Change event.
- The goal? Simple, clean lines. Easy to read fonts.
(Who picked that horrid text font anyway? Oh right.)
- And, most importantly, useful content that I hope you’ll engage with, including a revitalization of Blog the Change events.
THE BIGGEST CHANGE OF ALL
We’ll set your inbox free while holding fast to our founding cornerstone, asking you to spend just a moment and never a cent to help animals in need.
- A monthly post will feature a simple link list of timely causes. We’ll collect all the free and easy actions you can collectively cover in 15 minutes or less.
- Now you can subscribe to just one blog. Ours. And you’ll still get the best content.
- We’ll also host a directory of animal organizations you can visit from one central place.
LET’S MAKE THIS ABOUT YOU
Please answer these simple questions below.
- Which organizations are your favorites to support? I’ll enter these first into our ever growing directory. You are still here and, because of that, your opinion totally rates with me.
- Which day suits you best to receive a monthly post? The 1st? Every 2nd Monday? End of the month? Pick your favorite. Majority will win.
- Will a monthly publication keep you interested? Would bi-weekly be better?
- Can I get some volunteers to help manage Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and G+?
- And can I get a HELL YEAH? (Oh good. You’re paying attention.)
THANKS FOR STICKING WITH US ALL THIS TIME
It’s time we do something new to stick by you, too. And I’m proud to say that my whole team is as re-energized as I am. Together, we’ll make this happen for as long as you come along for the ride.
You heard it here first.
Visit the other animal advocates on this list and leave a thoughtful comment. It’s time to coalesce this community spirit by investing in it from all sides.