- eBay offers an enormous online marketplace for puppy mills and backyard breeders by allowing pet sales in their classifieds.
- eBay claims there are safeguards in place, but do they personally regulate sellers’s establishments, breeding philosophies or home visits?
- A federal law loophole requires no USDA regulation for online animal sales, so how does eBay stop breeders like THIS? [Watch this compelling video.]
eBay Classifieds can protect animals and buyers — by ending live animal sales. They can shut down listings completely or move to adoption-only listings via a full Petfinder partnership. Since eBay has taken steps that show they won’t support animal cruelty at auction, let’s make them understand that it’s impossible to keep puppy mills and irresponsible breeders out of their classifieds.
THE MOVEMENT IS GROWING
- Felissa Hadas of Two Little Cavaliers first chastised live animal classifieds on eBay a month ago.
- Change.org picked up the story and started the following petition.
- It is our turn to carry this issue forward. Protect these animals from being passed around for money. Sign today.